Sound healing is one of the oldest forms of healing known to man. For many centuries music and sound have been used as tools to promote healing and meditation. Experience the power of healing at Dhyaana, Indiranagar.
The transformative power of sound
Sound healing is one of the oldest forms of healing known to man. For many centuries music and sound have been used as tools to promote healing and meditation. The vibrations and sounds produced by our special Tibetan Healing Sound bowls create a type of energy that works with the body in various ways and can lead to several positive results, such as a deep sense of tranquility, reduced psychological and emotional stress. Healing through sound also helps reduce anxiety, stress levels, improves sleep and much more.
Come and experience the power of sound healing now at Dhyaana.
Get in touch with Srinivas at 9900029648 to learn more and book your trial session.
* Prior appointment is required.
Sound detox (60 mins)
This 60-minute session helps align your energy centre’s (chakras), helps in relieving stress and anxiety levels.
Detox for Insomnia (75 mins)
Blocked chakras lead to lack of sleep. This session is curated especially for people who find it difficult to get good quality sleep.
Sound meditation (60 mins)
Experience an innate sense of calmness and inner peace in this session. Meditation using sound helps quieten the mind and increase attention span. This session can also be done in groups.
Healing through sound (75 mins)
Sound can be used to heal migraine, sinus, spondylitis, neck pain. Please ask for assistance to know more.
All detox and healing sessions are best effective if done for a minimum of three sessions. Ask for package options.
For appointments call 9900029648Stay Updated
The best way to heal
It is known that we are born with our own root frequency. When in touch with this root frequency, we tend to be grounded and centered which leads to a perfect state of harmony. Not only is this root frequency embedded in us but, every tissue, cell in our body has its core frequency. This state of harmony is impacted by social conditions, perceptions, emotions and judgements and this causes a detachment with our root frequency. This perfect state of harmony can be regained by working with sounds.
Our universe vibrates and has its own resonance frequency. When in sync with these the mind, the body and the soul are balanced.
There are seven main energy centers or chakras that run along the spine of our body. The most direct way to influence the resonance of the body is through balancing these chakras. Each of the chakras govern different emotional states and parts of the body. Sounds are widely used to balance them. Sound has the ability to positively affect our bodies as we are composed of about 60% water, they make fantastic conductors for the vibrations of sound waves.
Sound has always possessed the power to heal as each and every cell in our body absorbs sound. Sound waves help us move from a beta level (normal consciousness) to alpha level (relaxed consciousness) or for some people to move to a theta level (a meditative state). The human body does its repair work in theta level. Sound helps to facilitate shifts in our brainwave state by using entrainment. Entrainment is a method to stimulate the brain into entering into a specific state by using sound or even light. Sound brings about the brain’s response, encouraging the brain waves to align to the frequency of the beat being produced. As brainwaves are related to a body’s state of being, sounds associated with these waves in turn help in healing, reducing anxiety and other mental disorders.
Sound healing is a proven modality and very effective to help reduce stress, anxiety. The vibrations created by sounds ensure a great sense of relaxation and well-being. Sound healing is done by using different instruments and also methods, however the result being the same.
The most commonly used instruments are Tibetan singing bowls, tuning forks and gongs. An important part of sound healing is that there should be an intent to accept healing through sound. When there is intent and no judgement about the process, healing through sound becomes more effective. It is one of the oldest forms of healing which is based on sound scientific vigour. It is only now that science is beginning to justify the healing capabilities of sound, something that was known by our ancestors for millennia. You can read more about the science behind healing sound here https://upliftconnect.com/science-behind-healing-sound/.
How does sound healing help?
Most of the ailments that we see in the modern world are caused majorly due to stress. Issues of high blood pressure and mental health can be reduced and taken care of by regularly using sound therapy. Sound healing improves sleep and also strengthens one’s immune system. It not only helps in getting to a state of deep relaxation but also stimulates endocrine glands and regulates hormonal functioning. By working on the energy centers or chakras, sound healing help unblock these centers thus removing any negative energy or emotions present in the body. It is interesting to know that when one gets emotional and does not express the same using their voice (also a sound), this can lead to emotional blocks or imbalance in the body. Sound healing can be used to unblock these emotions in a non-invasive way and lead to a better way of living. It helps in getting rid of the toxins in the body, regulates blood pressure and more importantly aligns the chakras.
Benefits of sound healing:
- It increases mental and emotional clarity.
- Lowers anger and blood pressure.
- Works as a natural healer.
- Relieves pain.
- Promotes holistic healing.
Different techniques of sound healing
There are several techniques that are used in sound healing. Few of the most common ones are mentioned below:
- Tibetan singing bowls – Tibetan singing bowls or Himalayan singing bowls are used to restore the normal vibrational frequency of the body as they have innate quality of producing a wide range of sounds.
- Gong – An ancient sound healing technique, gongs are known to produce an increasing sense of wellbeing. Sound waves produced by striking of the gong has also led to the name gong bath.
- Tuning forks – These forks have been used by orthopedists to detect stress fracture in large bones. It was only later that sound healers started using the tuning forks to increase the level of energy in the part that they were trying to heal. When the fork is struck, they produce vibrations which helps relax muscles.
- Humming – Humming does not require one to be a practiced sound healer. It is something that human beings can do naturally. Humming can produce happy chemicals in the brain known as oxytocin. Read what https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/minding-the-body/201111/hum-happy-tune-wellnesshas to say about the association of humming and the health of sinuses.
- Kirtan – A practice derived from Hinduism, kirtan is a form of music where one person narrates, recites a story and usually the audience repeat it back. By doing this there is a deep emotional attachment and there is an instant connect to your inner being.
“If you want to find the secrets of the Universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.” – Nikola Tesla